Effective: January 1, 2010
Welcome to the PreschoolFirst.com website, owned and created by The Source for Learning, Inc.(“SFL”), ("we," "us," or "our") a non-profit Virginia corporation. This website is a curriculum and observation tool and is intended as a resource for educational information. It is not a diagnostic tool and is not intended for such use.
4. CHILDREN YOUNGER THAN 13 YEARS OLD This site is intended for use by adults and we will delete any information from our records that we are notified originated from a child younger than 13 years old.
5. THIRD PARTY CONTENT PreschoolFirst.com may provide users with links to websites created and/or maintained by third parties (i.e. persons or organizations other than SFL and its subsidiaries or affiliates) that contain content such as advertisements, posted content and material accessible via hyperlinks ("Third Party Content"). We do not control Third Party Content and do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of Third Party Content. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any Third Party Content. Among other things, we will not be liable for any errors or omissions or any loss or damage incurred as a result of any Third Party Content posted, stored, emailed or otherwise transmitted over, or accessible through, this website. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, any Third Party Content, as well as any decision by you to rely on its accuracy, completeness, or usefulness. We reserve the right, but do not undertake the obligation, to restrict access to or the availability of Third Party Content that could be considered obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable.
If you are a copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of a copyright owner, and you wish to notify us of any material on PreschoolFirst.com that infringes the rights of the copyright owner, please notify our designated agent:
The Source for Learning, Inc.
12355 Sunrise Valley Drive - Suite 625
Reston, Virginia 20191-1532
E-Mail: click here.
Please be aware to be effective under the Copyright Act, your notification must provide us with substantially the following information:
- • A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
• Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
• A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
• A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
7. PASSWORDS AND USER ID You may receive a password and account designation upon completing the registration process for PreschoolFirst.com. You are solely and fully responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur through use of your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify SFL of any unauthorized access to, or use of, your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Persons or organizations who register an account with SFL must immediately terminate access for any user no longer authorized to use the registrant’s password or account. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 7.
9. DISCONTINUANCE OF SERVICE We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this website (or any part of it), either with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for modifying, suspending or discontinuing this website.
10. REFUNDS AND CREDIT FRAUD Upon your email request to us, we will cancel your subscription to our services and refund a pro rated portion of your fee, based on the number of days left in your subscription period. Please send all cancellation requests to email@example.com. Additionally you must return at your expense all materials and copies of PreschoolFirst user guides along with a copy of your email request to cancel your subscription to:
The Source for Learning, Inc./PreschoolFirst
12355 Sunrise Valley Drive - Suite 625
Reston, Virginia 20191-1532
Upon receipt of these print materials, we will issue any refunds due to you.
If you paid by credit card and believe that your credit card has been used fraudulently, please contact your bank or credit card company. Federal law limits the amount that you can personally be held liable for credit fraud on the Internet. We will not be liable for any claim of credit card fraud made by you more than 90 days after the alleged fraud occurred.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES YOU AGREE THAT: A. IF YOU USE THIS WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THIS SITE, AND ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH IT, IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. B. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT (i) THIS SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE, OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE; (iii) ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN ON THIS SITE WILL BE TIMELY, COMPLETE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THIS SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, (v) ANY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE OR WE COLLECT WILL BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL, OR (vi) ANY ERRORS IN ANY DATA OR SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. C. IF YOU ACCESS OR TRANSMIT ANY CONTENT THROUGH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH ACTIONS. D. NO DATA, INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED BY YOU IN ORAL OR WRITTEN FORM FROM US OR THROUGH OR FROM THIS WEBSITE WILL CREATE ANY ADDITIONAL WARRANTIES OR SUPPLEMENT ANY WARRANTIES EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
13. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 11 AND 12 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14. INDEMNITY You agree to indemnify us, all subsidiary and affiliate entities, and all of our and their officers, agents, and employees, and hold all such persons and entities harmless from any claim, demand, judgment or damage obtained, made or asserted by any third party and relating to: (a) your use or misuse of this site; (b) your connection to this site; (c) the use of your account, password or user ID (whether by you or others); (d) your breach of these Terms and Conditions; or (e) your violation of any rights of another person. You further agree to pay all reasonable attorneys' fees incurred in connection with a potentially indemnifiable claim.
15. JURISDICTION AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS The Internet can be accessed from virtually anywhere. Any professionals identified on this website are licensed only in their particular states or jurisdictions. Nothing on this website is intended (nor should it be inferred) to constitute an attempt to practice or solicit business in jurisdictions where a given professional is not licensed or permitted to practice. The information on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute or substitute for, and in fact is not, professional advice. We control and operate this website from the Commonwealth of Virginia. If you use this site from other locations you are responsible for complying with applicable local laws.